Previously, we talked about fighting aging from the inside. But once you have followed the hydration and nutritional tips, what else can you do to keep your skin looking youthful and flawless?
- Microdermabrasions are a great way to resurface the skin using crystals or a diamond tip. Microdermabrasions can improve the texture and the skin tone. I recommend using Clearly Luminous Cleanser as part of your home regimen to keep your skin exfoliated and blemish-free.
- Facials are effective in smoothing and brightening skin. During a HydraFacial procedure, serums and peels can be part of the signature treatment tailored for your specific skincare needs.
- Brown spots, also called sun or age spots, are a tell-tale sign of age. To help fade them, use Age Spot Remedy, an alternative to Hydroquinone, a chemical with some harmful side effects, for lightening the appearance of age spots. This product cant be used but one to two times daily.
- Sun exposure is a huge factor in aging. Make sure you use an SPF 30-50 and reapply every two to three hours. If you are in the sun during the hottest part of the day, make sure you are wearing a wide-brimmed hat to further block harmful ultraviolet rays.
- When more conservative approaches fail, a Fraxel laser treatment can be considered to greatly diminish wrinkles and brown spots in an office procedure with little minimal to no downtime. The settings of the laser can be customized based on your skin coloring and the desired effect. The physician is capable of providing a more aggressive treatment or a lighter treatment based on the desires of the patient.
Turning back the clock used to require aggressive surgery. Luckily, we have many noninvasive options for facial rejuvenation that don’t require going under the knife.